Rate Limited When Signing Into KernelCare

ozinfotech

Apr 12, 2022
Earth
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I attempted to sign into KernelCare to check out the status of the KernelCare "Extra" Patchset for the symlink race condition protection issue. The link I'm using is this one, and I found it directly in WHM > Server Configuration > WHM Marketplace by clicking the Manage button next to the KernelCare extension. The login page appears, but as soon as I enter my credentials, the page turns white and refreshes. After a couple of minutes, Cloudflare had kicked in and shows that I'm being rate limited (ie temp banned) with Error 1015.

I've tried different browsers (Tor, Firefox, Chrome) and I tried incognito windows too. For the fun of it, I went to another location and tried it from Firefox on their internet. Same thing. White page. I pulled up the browser inspector and watched as the page just refreshed itself over and over again.

Anything past the login page never came up. Any ideas?

Attachments

ozinfotech

Apr 12, 2022
Earth
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Ah, I didn't see that at first since the image gets cut off slightly unless you open it in a new window. I've sent that over to the team and I'll be sure to post an update once I have more details.
Switch to a 43" monitor and it blissfully centers itself without any cropping. Yeah, I only got mine because another department wanted three separate monitors instead of a single pane of glass. Their loss. ;)

Thanks for checking into this issue.

Reactions: cPRex

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you try an entirely different browser just in case? I know we did make adjustments to the ratelimits on the Cloudflare side of things, and haven't had other reports of the issue since Wednesday.

If you are still seeing issues even with a new browser, please send a message to [email protected] so our Customer Service team can look into this.

ozinfotech

Apr 12, 2022
Earth
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I just tried a different browser in incognito mode. I shut down after about 30 seconds of nothing. Did you notice the loginfailed directive right after the FQDN? Somehow I'm not passing authentication it appears, but when I go to other places in cpanel.net it recognizes me without problem.

And am sending this to the email address listed. Thanks!

spinny.PNG