The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raw log for add-on domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tlveik, Apr 2, 2003.

1. tlveik

tlveik Registered

I have a Cpanel account through a web hosting company. Raw logs for the main domain work fine, but there are no raw logs for my add-on domain. Should I have that? I want that. They haven’t given me access to web host manager. Do I need WHM to get to raw logs for an add-on domain?

Tom Veik

2. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Tom,
    We've run into this issue as well. We have several clients that need access to raw logs for sub-domains and add-ons. It can be complicated but what we ended up doing was setting up a cron each night that copies sub domain logs over to a sub directory off of the users website. That user can then FTP in and get those logs at his convenience. So far so good ;)

3. stech4u

stech4u Member

i'm new to using cron...do you mind filling the details on how to go about this?... i'm using cpanel6

4. tlveik

tlveik Registered

I know how to do the cron, and write the necessary perl code, but one piece of the puzzle is still missing. That is, where are the raw log files, what is their filename and do I have read rights?

Alternatively, would it help if I got them to give me SSH access? Does SSH allow you to get to files that you can’t get to with FTP?

Tom Veik