The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

raw logs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harsh123, May 8, 2007.

1. harsh123

harsh123 Registered

Hi All,

I want raw logs of complete month for perticular domain.
    Is it possible to genrate raw logs for complete month or in whm is there any setting so that on server raw logs are stored for complete month.
    When ever i download raw logs for perticular domain i got two days of raw logs only.

Please help me on this.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,
    HArsh

#1 harsh123, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. techpro

techpro Member

I would like to know this, too. I set the cPanel option to generate monthly log archives, but when I logged on at the beginning of May I found that April's logs were already gone.

When my main site was on a reseller account at iVhosting, they did something for me that created a file in the home directory in which the logs accumulated. I could do an FTP resume whenever I wanted to update my local copy, and when I got to the end of the month I just renamed the file and the server started a new one.

I wish I know what they did, because I moved that site to a new cPanel account with a different host, and now I don't have that facility. When I asked them, they created a symlink to the log file in my home directory, but it still gets reset every day when they do the stats update.

Surely it isn't that unusual for people with sites on cPanel to want to keep full logs?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Keeping logs can run you out of space quickly if you have any problems on the site that might generate logs. If you go to Raw Log Manager in cPanel you can tick the option to:

Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each month

Might help here for you.