The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBL managers comments

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jols, Feb 14, 2015.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

This is not an RBL I worry about, I've completely adjusted our cPanel servers so nothing of the original subject matter is ever included with the bounce.

But I just spotted something on their site that seems to prove, whoever is operating this RBL is in some serious need of daily medication.

I'm stating this, not just because of our listing:

"A total of 1 Impacts were detected during this listing. "

And this:

"Expedited manual expressdelisting is available as an option...
    You will be charged 113 USD using one of the following payment services."

But rather because of this:

"Backscatter by Sender Callouts"

See: /http://www.backscatterer.org/index.php?target=sendercallouts

The only reasoning I can find for the twisted logic on the above page, is this is likely due to fits of hallucinations on the part of whoever runs this list.

The ending paragraph on their page certainly smacks of someone in a state of raving lunacy:

"There are much more reasons why it is way stupid to use SAV but we believe that latest at this point you should have got enough clue to not/no longer use SAV
    If not then you really deserve all consequences that might have and in fact you will mostly not even get aware of that unless you have no other hobbies that reading logfiles for many hours per day or getting complaints..."

Perhaps I should pay them the $113 (odd number there) to be delisted, just so they might be able to afford better health care. Or a better tin-foil hat.

What do you think?

#1 jols, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This isn't the place for this sort of thing. WHT, yes sure, but not here.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Roger that. Even though this sort of thing can effect email delivery on cPanel systems. I will hold off on the rants.

Still however, I was hoping to garner any comments as to whither or not, what is stated on backscatterer.org has any validity whatsoever.

Again, I will hold off posting overtly opinionated content.