The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDNS Help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fred6766, May 11, 2009.

1. fred6766

fred6766 Registered

I need some help getting my system mail issues resolved. I have been having RDNS issues now for some time. My original issue was that mail was being returned with an error message that the mail server names didn't match. I went around in circles on this with my provider, and per cPanel changed the RDNS rules in their DNS.

I stopped getting the message about names not matching, but I am now getting the error "Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [64.69.**.**].

I'm completely lost on this one, and am now getting more denied messages than with the previous configuration. The strange thing to me is that this started about 90 days ago with e-mail addresses I had been sending to for months or years. Except for auto updates, there haven't been any changes to the server. The machine has been up for years, and I rarely ever touch it.

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Click here to check the RDNS for your IP. Contact your host who has provided you with this IP regarding the RDNS record. They should be able to add it for you or guide you to the best path.

3. fred6766

fred6766 Registered

As I said in my post, RDNS was "changed" several weeks ago so the RDNS names matched, and it does resolve back to the server.

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would suggest you either submit a ticket to cPanel support or provide some additional information here in the forum or in a PM.

5. fred6766

fred6766 Registered

I did open a trouble ticket, which is why I then went back to my provider to "fix" the RDNS entry. When that was complete, Cpanel support ran the RDNS query and said all was ok. They said the failing e-mails at that point was due to cache in other servers, which should fix itself in a few days. That was several weeks ago.

I can open another ticket, but I was hoping someone here might know what might be going on. I'd be happy to provide more info if someone will take a look and give me their opinion. Just let me know what you need.

I've had this cpanel license for many years with no problems at all. This just popped up out of nowhere.