The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rDNS setup script?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Xtranetsa, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Xtranetsa

Xtranetsa Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I am busy setting up rdns for a /21 network block that I have split into /24 blocks so need to create the zone files for each.
    Using straight forward bind with flat zone files I would just do a search and replace to update PTR records per zone file which would take a few seconds for each /24. With WHM it seems I have to manually add each PTR so 254 PTR entries per zone file x 8 which is very time consuming.

Is there a script or automation process for this or are we not that advanced with the WHM method of adding reverse records yet?

thanks,

Grant.

2. webhostuk

webhostuk Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Presently I have not heard of any such script you will have to get it custom built as per your requirement in this case.
    But its valuable feature , need to have one.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no such script, however I encourage you to open a feature request if this is something you'd like to see added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.