Re: cPanel 11.25 Log Processing Thread

classical

Dec 16, 2010
Hi i have read your post everything was very clear thanks for this :)
As of my question/problem: I have one user log in size 314M located at /usr/local/apache/domlogs I have Log rotation size threshold set as 200M. i did view the first lines of log file of various users and most of them was created in 23/Mar/2011 when i view biggest log file (314M) first line was created in 03/Mar/2011 so my conclusion is that all user log files i rotated beside besides this big one ? how can i fix this issue ?

thanks.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What is the exact name of the log file that isn't being rotated? Have you checked the permissions on the log file?

Code:
ls -lah /usr/local/apache/domlogs/somelog
lsattr /usr/local/apache/domlogs/somelog
Where somelog is the name of that log file.

VeZoZ

Dec 14, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I'm guessing the users stats are not being processed due to their account being over quota? I'd check if they're over quota if so that's why they're not being processed.

classical

Dec 16, 2010
What is the exact name of the log file that isn't being rotated? Have you checked the permissions on the log file?

Code:
ls -lah /usr/local/apache/domlogs/somelog
lsattr /usr/local/apache/domlogs/somelog
Where somelog is the name of that log file.
-rw-r----- 2 root username 358M Mar 28 13:11 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/username
-------A----- /usr/local/apache/domlogs/username
Everything is ok here
I'm guessing the users stats are not being processed due to their account being over quota? I'd check if they're over quota if so that's why they're not being processed.
Quota for this domain is 3000MB and 3000.01 MB is used could this be cause of log file getting bigger in size ?

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If the account is over quota as VeZoZ conjectured, then yes it cannot process logs. Log processing requires the account have sufficient space to push the logs onto the account. The account doesn't have the space, so it cannot process the logs.