Re-create Hostname SSL certificates

sozotech

Jul 26, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up several cPanel VPS servers. I cloned a cPanel server, changed IP and hostname but it still has the original hostname in the SSL certificates and is therefore not trusted when you go to WHM.

I tried running /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts but this didn't seem to update the service certificates. Is there a way to force it to recreate all the service SSL certificates with the new hostname?

Thanks,
Eric

Reactions: SecThor

SecThor

Registered
Feb 26, 2017
Austria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
Would also be interested in how to solve this w/o any issues.
Had to move some accounts from an old to a new VPS.
But after changing the providers hostname to our hostname, the root SSL certs are still the wrong ones.
Thanks & cheers
Hermann

sozotech

Jul 26, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you tried resetting the certs from here:
WebHost Manager »Service Configuration »Manage Service SSL Certificates
Actually, I ended up getting a email with the new host certificate in it and did exactly this pasting the new cert to all the services.

However, on a couple other servers I cloned, simply doing a /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts regenerated the certs without me needing to manually paste them so not sure what the difference was.

Eric

SecThor

Registered
Feb 26, 2017
Austria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you tried resetting the certs from here:
WebHost Manager »Service Configuration »Manage Service SSL Certificates
Yes, but these are self-signed certs now.
There is no root cert available for the new hostname, only some old and for the wrong hostname are listed in SSL/TLS >> SSL Storage Manager.
Do I have to wait for a longer time till the cert for the new hostname will be assigned?

BR
Hermann

SB-Nick

Aug 26, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I would check if the A record exists for the new hostname.
Also if you are doing this through cli, try forcing the hostname with /usr/local/cpanel/bin/set_hostname

As as last attempt I would remove the existing certs in /var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel retry.