The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-created account but now messed up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

A customer really messed up his new account via ftp and asked me to delete it and rebuild it. So using WHM as usual I terminated it, waited a minute and re-created it.

Shortly afterwards the user complains he can login to the CP but things look weird, he cant create email, etc.

If I go back to WHM I cannot find the user OR domain in Terminate, Modify, Upgrade, etc account options. From the system console I can see the basic /home files. But files relating to this account in var/cpanel are missing. In the CP for the account mysql shows on the left "
    The cPanel Users File does not exist: /var/cpanel/users/xxxx / unlimited"
    (Where "xxxx" is the username).

I cannot delete the account with "killacct" from the system console as it says it cannot find the account.

Anyone know what steps to take to blow out this users account, files, etc and start over.

I can add new accounts after this one but that particular account seems to be grunged.

2. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am encountering this presently. How did you resolve it?

3. sv1

sv1 Well-Known Member

Yes do tell :confused:

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

You can try manually adding those entries to the cpanel files for that domain where it is missing
    like /var/cpanel users, /etc/localdomains, /etc/userdomains, /etc/trueuserdomains, /var/named. .Also try running the script

/script/updateuserdomains