Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Re: installing a custom plugin

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Jayreis, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Jayreis

Jayreis Member

Hello

I am about to attempt to install my first Cpanel plug for my hosting clients on a few of my dedicated servers.
    So I am wondering the plugin provider gave me the ssh command (its a wget command) I would need but am not sure when I ssh into my server as Root where should I CD to (change directory) to first? I am just not sure what directory I should be in first or what directory to download/install the plugin for?

If it makes a difference its the Attracta Plugin

thanks all

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If it's the Attracta plugin, it's probably a .sea file (self-extracting archive). you simply download it, make it executable (chmod +x $download.sea) and then run the downloaded file ( ./download.sea). It will unpack and install itself properly.

Regards,
    -DavidN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jayreis

Jayreis Member

Thanks I was able to figure it out this morning and it was eayser then I thought lol
    thanks