The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re post from cpaneljim redirect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimbvfc, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jimbvfc

jimbvfc Registered

Ok I picked a very bad name and made a new account so it would not confuse people. Sorry for any confusion this had caused. Any way

What I want to do is this. When a member of my organiztion selects the membersonly button on the website it redirects to a folder on the server. I have set up a subdomain of
    membersonly.domain name.com
    I have files at the following location /public_html/membersonly/training

when I try the rediret i get anerror message stating I do not have permission to access the server. Can someone please give me a good example of how I should do this. I also have it password protected but never get to the prompt. All of this was done with cpanel.

Thanks

Update. I have gone back and redone the entire process. I keep getting an error 403 saying I do not have permission to access this server. I also changed to public_ftp

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like your .htaccess file is not right. Might want to look there. You'll need to enable viewing of .dot files on login of File Manager in cPanel if you can't see them. Couldn't hurt to wipe it clean and set this up again so it gets listed correctly.

Your host can be more helpful with this.