The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE: Remote FTP backup on XXX.com failed because unable to connect to remote FTP server (1.2.3.4)

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by WindEnergy7, Jan 30, 2015.

1. WindEnergy7

WindEnergy7 Registered

I have an old backup setting that was set up in WHM or cPanel. For years I get this weekly message that its failing. I go into the cPanel and look into backups and backup wizard etc.

I cannot find where this is set up so I can either delete it, or modify it to backup to somewhere else? Every time I try I get nowhere and give up or get distracted to move on to other tasks.

RE: Remote FTP backup on XXX.com failed because unable to connect to remote FTP server (1.2.3.4)

I know its probably an easy stupid question, but PLEASE, if you know the answer and could help a brutha out I would really appreciate a hint where to kill this thing off. I just want it to stop trying to backup.

Thanks, WindEnergy7

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm guessing your a cpanel user rather than someone with WHM access. You might want to look at your cron jobs to see if its listed there. The link to cron jobs can be found in cpanel>>>>>Advanced>>>>cron jobs.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have root access to this server? If so, you can modify the remote FTP backup configuration via:

"WHM Home » Backup » Backup Configuration"

Or;

"WHM Home » Backup » Legacy Backup Configuration"

Thank you.