reactivating cpanel and sync dns zones

tiff2342

Apr 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a cpanel account that works as a nameserver. its been months since the lic has been active but now i want to renable that cpanel lic and make that nameserver active again. how would i sync all the new zones to it? or does the dns sync still work even if cpanel lic is expired?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can login to the cPanel servers that synchronize their zones to this name server and utilize the following option:

"WHM Main >> DNS Functions >> Synchronize DNS Records >> Synchronize all zones to all servers"

Thank you.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I would suggest contacting Customer Service at [email protected] to re-activate the license first before trying to setup the server to handle the zones again, unless you are planning to convert that nameserver handling the DNS zones to DNS only.

If you do want to convert it to DNS only where it won't require a paid license (since that product doesn't have a paid license), you could add this file to the machine:

Code:
touch /var/cpanel/dnsonly
After adding that to the machine that you want to convert to DNS only, then run the following command:

Code:
/scripts/upcp --force
This will convert the machine for you.

Thanks!