The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reactivating cpanel and sync dns zones

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by tiff2342, Oct 3, 2012.

1. tiff2342

tiff2342 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a cpanel account that works as a nameserver. its been months since the lic has been active but now i want to renable that cpanel lic and make that nameserver active again. how would i sync all the new zones to it? or does the dns sync still work even if cpanel lic is expired?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can login to the cPanel servers that synchronize their zones to this name server and utilize the following option:

"WHM Main >> DNS Functions >> Synchronize DNS Records >> Synchronize all zones to all servers"

Thank you.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I would suggest contacting Customer Service at cs@cpanel.net to re-activate the license first before trying to setup the server to handle the zones again, unless you are planning to convert that nameserver handling the DNS zones to DNS only.

If you do want to convert it to DNS only where it won't require a paid license (since that product doesn't have a paid license), you could add this file to the machine:

Code:
    touch /var/cpanel/dnsonly
    After adding that to the machine that you want to convert to DNS only, then run the following command:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    This will convert the machine for you.

Thanks!