The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Read Mail" links not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Mack101, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Mack101

Mack101 Member

All of my read mail links in CPanel, across all my sites do not work. You click it and the page is not available.

Somebody told me to change the theme as it might correct the prob, but when I go to WHM the only option under themes is WHM theme.

I this a CPanel fix or WHM fix. Has anyone had this prob?

2. raventec

raventec Well-Known Member

You have no cPanel themes? I think they mean change the cPanel theme for the domain from WHM.

In your WHM, look under 'Account Functions' and select 'Modify an Account' select the account and then up at the top on the right you should see 'theme' use the pulldown to select another theme.

I have no idea if it fixes the problem but I think that's where you are looking for.

3. Mack101

Mack101 Member

The thing is that I dont have a "modify account" link under account functions. WTF.

How do i fix this...or do I need my top level company to fix the bug..reinstall, etc.

When I finally got an answer out of my company they said Cpanle was fixing a bug. Funny thing is that nobody seems to have the same prob...and no mention of it on the forum.

4. casey

casey Well-Known Member

You need your host to fix this. There is nothing a reseller can do. This does not sound like a cpanel bug.

5. hblair

hblair Active Member

I disagree that it's NOT a "cpanel bug". This problem only seems to be on accounts with the "default" theme being used when they create new email accounts. Other themes seem to work correctly.

So shouldn't someone look into what's happening with the "default" theme? I'd think so...

6. Mack101

Mack101 Member

There is supposedly a patch to correct this; at least that is what my old hosting company said.

I just switched and opened up another resller account today and there is no prob whatsoever. Its nice when you find someone who does their job.

Problem solved!

7. hblair

hblair Active Member

I'm the webhost. I chose default. The "default" theme has an error. Is that hard to understand?

8. hblair

hblair Active Member

OK, maybe I don't know cPanel well enough.

Given that the goal is to get the 'default' cPanel theme to work and not throw this error, where would one go to do that - and how?

You said "Look under edit settings where it says default theme." but I don't find anything that matches your description. Go ahead, hit me with a clue stick.

9. hblair

hblair Active Member

Got that. Sure, I can change the theme used to something else. Heck, I can even change an individual account's theme. But I still haven't seen how to 'fix' the "default" theme to not cause this error.

That's what I (and others) want.

Got an answer?

10. willshoe

willshoe Registered

Well it seems I have the same problem as you do. Th eonly thing different that seems to have caused this problem was when I xfered all my accounts to a new server using the xfer feature going from cpanel 7.3 to 9 rel 44. I did not have this problem until after the xfer.

But changing to other themes x or so seems to work...but forget using default...

very strange...

***Cpanel Newbie as well***