The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real [Affordable] Webmail Replacement for cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hbhb, Jan 23, 2011.

1. hbhb

hbhb Well-Known Member

I have been scouting for a webmail replacement for cpanel webmail

• Horde is good but I still don't really like the handling

• SquireMail is too simple and of course I can get skins @ Nutsmail (3rd party) which is something in my consideration right now.

• Roundcube looks too hard to handle, altho it has features that I like eg. ajax, etc.

I still like GMAIL which allows me to upload multiple files. I suppose Yahoo & Hotmail is extra rich with features which is something what we're looking for [And they're Free!]

Productivity wise, we are selling web hosting services, and customer expect something 'better' when they pay for it, and it should not be worse. Many clients are pointing their A records away and started to use Google Apps. What is left in the business for us?

I like atMail & AfterLogic WebMail Pro , but their pricing is not affordable.

I'd like to hear opinion, recommendations and to suggest what cpanel dev team can do for subject:

What is the Webmail Replacement that is available [and affordable] for us?

Let's be practical -- customer want a seamless, fast, real webmail for productivity, and yes, they like pretty GUI too.

#1 hbhb, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. devendradb

devendradb Member

Hi all,
    I am writing my own webmail interface with PHP and IMAP it is still under construction.
    You can see the attached sreenshot of same. I am testing it on my website. It is easy and does not need to install anything. /http://www.buddhikot.com/webmail.jpg

3. hbhb

hbhb Well-Known Member

skillful of you.

from the screen shot, i'd say the GUI should look better if it were to be commercialized.

what function do you have for files attachment?

4. devendradb

devendradb Member

hi hbhb,
    GUI can be changed at any time with color combination, writing script and displaying the content is important. As far as file attachment is concerned to display that the email is with file attachment. you need to seperate message body into different sections and search for file and its name. And if it is about sending mail with attachment you need to use Pear mail package on shared web hosting.