The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearrange accounts function

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 21chosting, Sep 13, 2005.

1. 21chosting

21chosting Registered

Hi all,

I have just transferred 70 accounts from one cpanel server to another but there was a problem. The server I tansferred them two had two disk drives so it auto put all the accounts under /home2 which I did not want.

Following this, I uses the "Rearrange Accounts" function in WHM to move everything to /home. I then changed the drive name using the rename function to rename /home2 to /backup and remounted /backup. Once remounted I edited /etc/wwwacct.conf and changed the value for HOMEMATCH home to HOMEMATCH none.

All seemed well until my customers started reporting broken links in cPanel and in particular, webmail. Upon investigating in Horde it appears that somewhere it is still referring to /home2. I tried to create a mailfolder and got a permission error for /home2.

When investigating further, the links to webmail in cpanel don't work either.

Does anyone have any clues or answers as I have not got a clue now!

Thanks
    Liam

2. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    for a fast fix, make a symlink named home2, and point it to home

3. 21chosting

21chosting Registered

Unfortunately this did not work!

But thank you for the response

Any other ideas?

4. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

if your getting a permission error you should probably chmod files to 755, and possibly chown them to proper user.

But, before you unmounted your drive, you should have used cPanel to move the accounts to the /home instead of unmounting ... cPanel has that feature.