The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reboot or reset after bad upload ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RMC, Jun 24, 2011.

1. RMC

RMC Registered

Hi I'm moving my site to another server, and when I tried to upload - all hell broke loose. Now the front page of my site says
    Index of /
    Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at /http://www.brolgaproject.com.au Port 80

I was of half a mind to start again with a complete redsign of my website anyway - through either Joomla or Soho. So is there some way that I can like "reboot" cPanel please? or how do I get the website pointing back to a home page?

Thanks in advance - BTW - I'm moving because I got caught in the cyber attack /http://www.smh.com.au/technology/security/4800-aussie-sites-evaporate-after-hack-20110621-1gd1h.html

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you the host of this server?

3. RMC

RMC Registered

Hi. no I've just got a website on the server... but I just want to be able to clear the upload I did today and/or learn how to have the www.brolgarpoject.com.ua point back to an actual page to get away from the Index of / message.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Can you provide a few more details please? When you uploaded the site, what did you upload exactly? A cPanel backup file?

Are you able to login to the cPanel account via FTP or File Manager?

5. RMC

RMC Registered

Thanks for your support. I'd downloaded via Cpanel a full backup earlier in the week - my new hosts set up the website on their server, and pointed the DNS towards themselves and had a holding page on the site in preparation for me to rebuild my web. This afternoon I thought I'd just upload via cPanel, the backup - and it'd all be sweet - but I was wrong....just a bit.

Yes, I can log in to FTP and File Manager, no worries.

It's like there's a shadow in the backup - if that makes sense....For example, there were 8 email addresses in the old site - now there's 8 email addresses which have been uploaded in the new...but I can't see them when I log into the email file via cPanel...it's like they are behind a closed door. I think it's similar with the reason why the website isn't showing up.

Cheers mate

6. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

ask the host to restore your account

7. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I think your easiest path forward would be for you to contact your host, ask if they still have that backup, if not, upload yours via FTP and tell them where to find it. From there they can move it, wipe the old account and then restore this backup again to get you going.

Things like this are easier to start again rather than sort out where you went wrong after they had you setup and you trashed it. So to speak. ;)

Or is there some reason this is not possible?

cPanel Backups should be restored by your host.

8. RMC

RMC Registered

Sadly there's no "so to speak" about it
    ...I trashed it. Damn.
    But actually what it stems from is that I tried to put Soho into the site, and it said it was already there - which didn't seem to be the case - then I tried Joomla and was told the same thing.
    I'll pass that onto the hosts too.
    Thanks for your help good people.