The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reboot server HUNG [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laonux, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Laonux

Laonux Member

Hi fellas,

After installed Cpanel, reboot server and it installs as with error message displayed 'Configuring Kernel parameter'...... After looking around the Cpanel forum, it suggested by others that YUM has installed new kernel. Is this true? My Linux os is Fedora core 2. Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated in advance.

Oh, could I start my server using the old kernel from grub.conf? Will it fix the problem?

cheers,

laonux

#1 Laonux, Apr 20, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel itself does not install kernels, bu it does run your OS's update product, be it up2date or yum, etc, if you have it enabled to do so in WHM.

Your kernel will be upgraded if you have yum configured to allow it to, i.e. that you have not excluded it in your yum.conf. If you don't want it to, you should add it to (or create) an exclude list for yum (search if you don't know how).

You will have to check whether you have a previous kernel available:

rpm -qa | grep kernel

If you do and you're sue that you use grub instead of lilo, you can modify /etc/grub.conf and select whichever kernel you want to boot from.

If you don't know how to do these things, you really ought to ask your server supplier if you lease from a datacenter.