The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiving email attachments not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stream, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

A client of mine is having problems receiving email-attachments.

At first I thought it was a Horde-problem, but the same problem occurs when receiving the same emails using Squirrelmail, Neomail or pop3 in Outlook.

What happens is that the attachments seems to be there, but when you open them - for example a jpg-file - it just shows up as a red cross in IE.
    In Horde it sometimes helps to choose download attachment instead of viewing it, but not all the times.

Mails containing several attachments usually have 50% of them working and 50% of them not working.

From what I've tested it only happens on attachments larger than about 500KB but it might happen on smaller ones too.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

2. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Noone else experiencing this?

I now have another client with similar problems. From time to time he's not able to open any attachments in any webmail-program, while it works fine in Outlook and similar.

I'm really lost when it comes to what can be causing this, since it only happens on a few accounts on the server and only from time to time.

I've logged into a couple of accounts myself and verified the problem - on pictures it only shows a red cross in IE, while other filetypes gives the message "corrupted file" or something (opening them in Outlook works fine).

I've run the various fixmail-scripts on /scripts but it didn't help...

Anyone got any ideas?

3. bokhove2

bokhove2 Registered

I am experiencing the same problem, especially with word attachments. I'm also looking for a solution.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're running the latest release in the cPanel tree you are using and don't see a fix in the changelog you need to either log it in bugzilla if it isn't there if you can recreate the issue and probably raise a ticket directly with cPanel or through your license provider.