WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I have been getting several php errors for about a week, still on the old kernal but release for cpanel. The error are getting more and more frequent..

Here is the error:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/dwhsnet/public_html/helpdesk/hd.admin.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxxx:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/xxxxx/public_html/helpdesk/hd.admin.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/xxxxxx/public_html/helpdesk/hd.admin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I get in differant php scripts server wide.

Any thoughts... please :]

casey

Jan 17, 2003
I had the same problem when I had a few sites with open_basedir disabled. I solved it by putting the restrictions on every site on the server.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Originally posted by DWHS.net
Funny it was the domains that had the security bypassed on. I didn't even notice some had it bypassed.

Once I took off the security it hasn't happened again.
Yeah, the ones that don't have it enabled will suffer. Therefore, all off or all on. I chose all on, because the permitted paths can be edited in httpd.conf.

kris1351

Apr 18, 2003
Lewisville, Tx
The ones with security bypassed were getting the errors on our servers also. We enabled the security on all sites and it seems to have gone away.