Reception of incoming messages in Webmail with a long time.

holikdardelo

Dec 1, 2021
Indonesia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
When I send a message to cPanel Webmail, it takes 1/2 minute of the message to come through. How do I solve this problem so that messages I send to webmail go straight through. Thanks.

1667472204419.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rbairwell

May 28, 2022
Mansfield, Nottingham, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When I send a message to cPanel Webmail, it takes 1/2 minute of the message to come through. How do I solve this problem so that messages I send to webmail go straight through. Thanks.
I've just tried sending a test email from my Gmail account to an email address on my server and checking it via RoundCube: it took 36 seconds to show up - however, looking at the headers of the email, I can see it took 35 seconds from the time my web browser sent the message to it being received by Google's internal mail system and then less than 2 seconds to go from Google to the my server and show up.

Where are you sending the mail from? If you copy the headers of the email into Google's Admin Toolbox MessageHeader , it'll give you a breakdown of where the delay could be. I remember a time when, working at a web host, we had to tell people to allow around 4-6 hours for email to be delivered as some of the big ISPs at the time were very very slow dealing with email.