The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a Hosting Company for a Reseller?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by desi6n, Apr 15, 2004.

1. desi6n

desi6n Member

I need a new hosting company for my clients. The one I have now offers NO support and NEVER responds to anything! I need a hosting company that has an easy to use maillist and has formmail abilities that can be controlled by my clients and doesn't need a degree to administrate and program. Plus an easy to use secure server with easy to install certificates!!

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!!:)

2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

3. desi6n

desi6n Member

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is there any hosting company that anyone here is really happy with?

4. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

you would get alot of biased responses since 75% of the people here own/work for a hosting company, including myself (notice i dont include anything in my sig) :)

5. lost

lost Well-Known Member

TRK Hosting
    http://trkhosting.com

6. winhosting

winhosting Member

7. Setheronie12

Setheronie12 Well-Known Member

I will give you one, how much are you looking on payiong or how much space.

8. NobeleeNa

NobeleeNa Active Member

9. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Everyone will probably recommend their own as you are seeing. Do some searches and ask some questions is the best thing to do.

10. MercyHosting

MercyHosting Registered

definately ask questions

ask questions, get a list of some of their customers, and don't hesitate to call them. Check and see how long they've been in business, and if they do business under any other names.

(quite a few places have a 'top list' or 'reccomended hosting companies' and guess what.. odds are, they run all of them, or get kickbacks for referrals.. )

do NOT go with the 'cheapest' one you find.. odds are they are desperate for customers, is why they're so cheap. obviously make some comparison of pricing though, but it's worth it to pay a little more and get somthing good, than save a few dollars, and have headaches galore

Check and see what their 'support' system is. Sure, some places have an 800 number, but if it's always buzy, never is answered, or goes to somebody in taiwan who can't help you, what good is it?

Check their upstream provider, you may find a reputable company, but their upstream provider constantly has outages and issues, or isn't providing them sufficient resources to properly take care of you. (and their 10,000,000 other customers) also make sure they're not reselling resellers accounts, talk to the guys who actually own (lease, whatever) the server(s)

unfortunately, I've learned most of this(and more) the hard way, that's why I run my own dedicated servers now. If you really want somthing done right, do it yourself.. if you have the business to justify it, think about getting your own dedicated server(s) (also if you do that, you should research it the same way..)

Bill C