The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Account list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistmore, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Raistmore

Raistmore Registered

Is there a limitation to how many domain names you can use with cPanel. What is the max it is able to handle

2. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Good question.. I think it is limited by the server hardware and the load that all sites are generating.. but I don't know if that's right. Any ideas ?

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

exactally ..somewhere between 1 and 14 trillion

4. Raistmore

Raistmore Registered

Recommend Acount List

So there is no recommended list of how many? My server provider said 200-350 or something like that.

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

A new shared server in general is kinda like a empty truck. You know how big the truck is liek you know how much disk space you have. But how fast it will go and how many sites you can put in it is something you will have to just see as you go. When it starts to get overloaded you need to unload some and call it "full". If the sites get no traffic or email useage you might can fit 20,000 sites on it. Most people try to get 200-300. I have servers that have 5 heavy sites and I have some that have 300+ and are still very fast.

6. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

Good points. I was kinda wondering that myself.

Here's something else I'm wondering about... how can we know (via cpanel?) when a server is too full in terms of speed? (Still has space but using too many resources) I'm not quite sure what I would look for to find this out. I'm no where near that but just wondering for the future.

Thanks.

7. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

well i use MRTG and run it across all my boxes. You can watch loads, mem useage, mail useage and connections and bandwidth all on graphs at the same time. Also basic tools like "top" on a ssh session will not only give you a load averages ..it will show you what's eating up the resources at that particular time. But you would install something like phpSysInfo and have a simple snapshot of the server's stats at the time you click it. Different people monitor loads in different ways ..some don't even monitor them at all.