The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recompiled apache & php... internal error

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by kerriritter, May 9, 2005.

1. kerriritter

kerriritter Active Member

compiled phpsuexec into php like i had on my old servers, and some sites are unable to access their scripts/admin area any longer getting Internal Server error...

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thisdomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

I have tried chowning the accts and chmod to 755 for /home/account/public_html and still no luck. the sites are all accessible from www to users, but for the wm, accessing their admin area is the critical issue.

if i recompile apache and php WITHOUT phpsuexec, they all work fine again. so i need phpsuexec without the error described above.

WHM 9.9.9 cPanel 9.9.9-S15
    Fedora i686 - WHM

any suggestions, please

kerri

2. challii

challii Well-Known Member

internal server error is usually caused by having php directives in the .htaccess file.

Either remove the offending entries, or create customised local php.ini's