Recompiling with FastCGI and disabling mod_ruid2 in EasyApache

Archmactrix

Jan 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm considering enabling FastCGI instead of DSO, but there is no option to enable it in EasyApache if mod_ruid2 is enabled.

Of course I could recompile with Mod_ruid2 disabled in EasyApache before I recompiled again with FastCGI. Or is there an easier way to do it?

Archmactrix

Jan 20, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Howdy,

FastCGI and mod_ruid2 are not compatible. The only handlers you may use with ruid2 are suPHP and DSO.

Thanks!
I already know that.

But my problem is, that FastCGI has no option in EasyApache if mod_ruid2 is enabled, and as I said it seems that I need to recompile with mod_ruid2 disabled, before FastCGI is an option in EasyApache and recompile again with it.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Since mod_ruid2 is an Apache module and compiled into Apache during EasyApache run, you cannot select FCGI when you have mod_ruid2 enabled. mod_ruid2 cannot be disabled in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration area nor in command line using "/usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf" area. You must recompile Apache using EasyApache to de-select mod_ruid2 before you can utilize FCGI, yes.

vortexmx

Registered
Nov 24, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Since mod_ruid2 is an Apache module and compiled into Apache during EasyApache run, you cannot select FCGI when you have mod_ruid2 enabled. mod_ruid2 cannot be disabled in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration area nor in command line using "/usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf" area. You must recompile Apache using EasyApache to de-select mod_ruid2 before you can utilize FCGI, yes.
I compiled Apache with mod_ruid2, but i want to disable it, but after recompile Apache using EasyApache and disabling mod_ruid2, all the config from httpd.conf still same, and WHM > Apache > Configuration > PHP and SuExec still saying "Ruid2 on", and i get "Internal Error".... how can i uninstall? or im doing something wrong?