The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery password email issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by drumbsd, Apr 28, 2016.

1. drumbsd

drumbsd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, I have a problem with recovery email password for some users. Sometimes , when a customer ask to recover the password using the email, looking at /var/log/exim_mainlog, i didn't see anything about this recovery email, indeed the customer alert me that he didn't receive anything.

After that, If i login on :2087, list accounts-> go in the user account and i change the email with my email, presso OK, i repeat the same procedure putting again the previous customer email, the recovery process starts to work again and if the customer ask to recover the email, i was correctly received. Anyone could help me? I'm running CPANEL 54 on CloudLinux 6.6

Many thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

We made significant changes to the "Reset Password" feature behavior between cPanel version 54 to 56. This is documented at:

How to Reset a cPanel Account Password - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

cPanel version 56 is now available in the "Release" build tier:

cPanel & WHM Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Is updating to version 56 an option for you? If so, could you let us know if the issue persists after updating to cPanel version 56?

Thank you.

3. drumbsd

drumbsd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, many thanks for the response. Sorry but for the moment we don't have in plan to upgrade cpanel to 56. So could be useful to know if there's a bug and how to fix it , or in case, a proper workaround. Many thanks.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would you mind opening a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.