The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recreation of deleted account (dedicated IP, with addon domains)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hardy, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Hardy

Hardy Member

I am still recovering from a recent upgrade that did not go well. I upgraded to php 5.3 with SuPHP and apache 2.2. The Php upgrade broke many sites due to multiple difference between 5.2,x and 5.3. I had to revert back to 5.2.17 and without the SuPhp and the sites were functional again.

This upgrade and subsequent downgrade lead to a new problems mainly, a site with dedicated IP that had 3 additional addon domains stopped working. I have searched everywhere and some suggested that I simply delete and recreate those accounts and I backed them up and did the recreation of the main account but it still is inaccessible. even though the dns record for the account looks fine. and the /home/domain directory is created with the correct permissions. some suggested that the old accounts may still be present in the passwd account file but they are not. and I tried to clean as much left over references to the old domains as much as I can before creating the new one, but to no avail.

The new domain can be pinged remotely, and answers correctly to DNS queries and also accessible through FTP, yet I can not load the web site in either my browser or locally on the server through lynx. lynx alert: "unable to connect to remote host"... Any idea of what is wrong here would be very appreciated.

2. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

Open up a ticket we would be happy to take a look. The differences between PHP 5.2 and 5.3 have caused more than a few problems for applications.

Thanks!

3. Hardy

Hardy Member

Thank you Eric. I will.