The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigning the look of a Cpanel Skin

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by rich w, May 30, 2005.

1. rich w

rich w Registered

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at creating a new skin for cPanel, well not exactly new, I was thinking of taking the default cPanel skin and redesigning the look of it and adding a few icons etc. No major backend scripting...

I was pointed in the direction of these forums for information on doing this, but from what i've read, everybody seems to know how to make skins etc, and are just asking about uploading them etc.

Just wondering if anyone can give details on the process, as this would give me and anybody else browsing the forums good, straight to the point useful information.

Cheers,
    Rich W

2. ryno267

ryno267 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    usually i'm the newb, but let me be the first to say use the search - you'll find a lot about it, there I still have yet to see a super helpful guide on doing it.

I'm still learning it myself, but I have found many useful topics on these forums. Seems that the guys that really slam out some of the coolest skins don't share too much of thier knowledge, which in some ways I can understand, but for a tiny hosting guy like me - I just want mine to look cool and link to our support desk and stuff... I'm slowly but surely figuring it out. You will too.

3. rich w

rich w Registered

Hopefully!
    As soon as exams are over i'll spend all my time on these forums!

4. Mike Peel

Mike Peel Active Member

I've always thought that the best way to learn how to do something's to try it. So I'd advise you to download a copy of the x template, poke around with it to see how it works, then try altering things to see what happens.

5. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

Agree, thats how I learnt.
    I got a VPS account that was dedicated for messing around when I first started out.
    :D