The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RedHat 8.0 & Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by web12, Sep 22, 2003.

1. web12

web12 Well-Known Member

Hi People.

Just wondering if anyone elsehas come across any issues with RH8 and Cpanel. I have been using RH7.3 for ages now on other servers, and my latest server has RH8 on it, but there seems to be some strange things going on.

For instance...

I have to run /scripts/fixquotas every time a new account gets added, as it doesnt register any disk usage no matter how much stuff is in the account... fixquotas fixes it, but I really dont want to be running that every day.

Also, when a new account gets added, I sometimes have to chmod the public_html directory to the correct values, as it will give a 403 forbidden error... Weird.

Anyone else with any insite into this? Dont wish to progress much further with RH8 if its going to be like this forever.

thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. web12

web12 Well-Known Member

Also, whats this about??

My servers are all sharing the same DNS, but this one server gives the above error.

3. MikeMc

MikeMc Well-Known Member

I haven't faced any problems with cpanel and red hat 8. I was coming from 7.3 too and I was worried..I had heard a lot...but fortunately we had no problems.

4. web12

web12 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this has anything to do with it.. I just copied an account over and it displayed this
    Notice the quota being used is for RH 7.1

Will that make a difference?