The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RedHat Linux 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JonathanLIVE, Aug 7, 2005.

1. JonathanLIVE

JonathanLIVE Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried running Cpanel on the new RedHat Linux 4? I am looking at getting another server and like the new performance enhancement of version 4, but I am uncertain about how it will work with CPanel

Please if anybody out there has had experience with using RHL4 with the latest distributions of Cpanel please respond and tell us if you have found any problems with it.

Thanks

Jonathan

2. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Im assuming that you mean Centos 4?

The latest version of RHL is 9 and as far as im aware that is now unsupported.

Ive not had any direct experience with Centos 4.x but i do use 3.x and in my opinion its one of the best OS's (if not the best) around.

Though of course each person will have there own preferences.

3. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

He actually means Red Hat Enterprise 4, which is practically the same thing as CentOS 4.

I, too, and wanting to try out RHEL4 with the 2.6 kernel on my server. The week that my The Planet starts allowing cPanel and RHEL4, I'm ordering an OS Reload and swtiching to RHEL4.

I did, however, help a few customers out with cPanel on a RHEL4 server and didn't seem any less stable than RHEL3 in my experiences.

#3 Blue|Fusion, Aug 7, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  4. MrHits

MrHits Well-Known Member

I have 3 servers running RHE4, each server has at least a couple hundred users. I have not had any problems whatsoever.