The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect a Domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Pablo Morales, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Pablo Morales

Pablo Morales Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there guys

I have cpanel installed in one server on AWS, then I created a ELB and an instance associated to it which will contain the web services, so I do not want the cpanel server to host the web pages, so the question is, how can I redirect the request to that ELB?

The idea is , cpanel for account configuration, let say I I configure www,testdomain.com and I want it to be consumed over the ELB which point to an instance holding the web data, is that possible?
    Apart from that I configure an ASG so if traffic increases I can handle it.

I haveWHM 58.0 (build 31)
    I found this doc: inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/cpanel-manage-domains/redirect-domain
    but cannot find that option on my cpanel version.

Thanks in advance
    Regards

#1 Pablo Morales, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Would the "Reserved IP" option for Apache work in this scenario? It's located at:

"WHM Home » Service Configuration » Apache Configuration » Reserved IPs Editor"

By default, Apache is configured to listen on all available IP addresses. Apache can be configured to only respond on specific IP addresses. This editor provides an interface to specify the Apache IP address restrictions.

Thank you.

3. Pablo Morales

Pablo Morales Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi
    Sounds interesting, but isn't that for local IP or can I configure a remote IP? The idea is to say, hey, I don't have the web content, go to this remote-ip ( ELB ) to look for example.com

Thanks
    Regards

#3 Pablo Morales, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016