The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect Case Sensitive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeilPhoenix, Jun 5, 2007.

1. NeilPhoenix

NeilPhoenix Member

Jun 4, 2007
    When using CPanel to set up re-directs, I found that it does not allow two versions of the same re-direct (i.e., one with lower case and one with a combination of upper and lower case). It sees the string as the same and overwrites the existing. Over time we have migrated to all lower case in our site, however, that means that are some old redirects that have both upper and lower case so I really need to have some of our re-directs set up with all lower case and and the same re-direct with a combination of upper and lower case.

My only solution up to this point was to edit the htaccess file manually and enter both versions - CPanel will then display it properly in the re-direct panel - CPanel just does not let you enter it in both versions from the panel itself.

Is there an easier way to code my re-directs so there is no case sensitivity? I use [NC] for RewriteCond - is there something similar for re-directs?