Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Redirect external domain to a domain on cPanel without defining it on cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ahmedhtml62, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ahmedhtml62

ahmedhtml62 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi I am looking to make a redirection for multiple domains (not hosted on my CPANEL)

to be redirected to a domain on cpanel

like subdomain.extDomain.com will be redirected to interDomain.com

where interDomain.com is defined on cpanel but the extdomain.com is not defined on cpanel.

can i do that with cname record to be added to the extDomain or any other kind of DNS records?
    also can cpanel to detect such external domains redirects specially they are going to be big number (i can't define them one by one to the cpanel)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @ahmedhtml62,

A CNAME record should work for the purpose you are seeking, but keep in mind you'd have to create the CNAME records for the external domains at their corresponding DNS hosting providers.

You shouldn't have to make any changes on the cPanel & WHM server as long as the domain you are redirecting "to" already exists on the cPanel server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...