The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect Loop Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndevani, May 2, 2009.

1. ndevani

ndevani Registered

May 2, 2009
    Okay so I have a website What I used to have was a redirect to that when you open the site it goes from, to redirection to the page main.html was just a page with a picture that says enter, and when you clicked that picture, it takes to the index.html. Now that worked fine. I got rid of this redirect today, because I instead wanted to use /flash.html instead of the /main.html. This /flash.html is pretty much the same as the /main.html, with a flash document instead. So I created a new redirect through the cpanel option to redirect to /flash.html, and it gives me a redirect loop. It didnt do this for the main.html redirect, so im wondering how its doing that for the /flash.html. Also, when i try to redo the /main.html redirect, it gives me the redirect loop again. How do i fix this? cpanel went through some changes, maybe they accidently changed the redirect? I dont know how to fix this thing!

SOLVED IT UsING htaccess edit (directoryindex)
    #1 ndevani, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009