The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect Loop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neumannu47, Mar 28, 2009.

  1. neumannu47

    neumannu47 Registered

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I have two domains on the same shared server. Both domains have an installation of phpBB 3.0.4 under /forum. In Cpanel, I set the redirect such that http://www.domain.com/ redirects to http://www.domain.com/forum/. It has worked perfectly on the first domain for a couple of weeks.

    Tonight I created a new forum at domain2. I also need to do the redirect. http://www.domain2.com/ needs to redirect to http://www.domain2.com/forum/. When I set up the second redirect and go to http://www.domain2.com, I get "Redirect Loop". I have deleted and recreated the redirect several times, and I have done a side-by-side comparison of the redirect that works with the redirect that loops. What am I overlooking? I really have to get this resolved quickly.

    By the way, if I go to http://www.domain2.com/forum/, the forum appears, as it should. The tree structures between the two forum installations are identical.

    Thanks!
     
    #1 neumannu47, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. Warrenw

    Warrenw Active Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    This may be far from the mark but since you recently installed the forum it might be relevant. Make sure the .htaccess file in the destination directory is not htaccess.txt. Some scripts require that you rename the .txt file to .htaccess before it will work properly and I have seen this once cause a redirect loop.
     
  3. neumannu47

    neumannu47 Registered

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    The .htaccess file was named correctly, but you pointed me in the right direction. I copied the .htaccess file from the old installation to the new one and manually edited it. Now everything seems to be working. Thanks!
     
Loading...

Share This Page