The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twisty, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Twisty

Twisty Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    HI.
    I'm new to cPanel and seem to have managed to do something wrong within seconds of using it for the first time!
    I needed to correct a redirect that was already in place but pointing to an old address. Noticing that there was no edit button I thought I'd just re-enter the correct one. I realize now I should have first deleted the existing one. The existing one has disappeared from the cPanel Redirects page AND .htaccess and has been replaced by the correct one in both.
    HOWEVER... when I type in the short URL into a browser it still redirects to the original (wrong) address!

I have looked for another .htaccess at the home level but there is only one under public_html (and it has the correct address)

Please help if you can.

cheers
    Twisty

2. Twisty

Twisty Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Well... it seems it may have fixed itself! I tried from my laptop at home and the shortened URL worked fine for me! Will check it out at work tomorrow but hopefully it's all fixed!
    Thanks
    Twisty

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. It's likely your browser cache was the reason you were still redirected to the old URL.

Thank you.