The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirect or .htaccess or ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1link4it, Mar 15, 2004.

1. 1link4it

1link4it Guest

Hello, I need a bit of help, just signed up and have a nice cpanel now with Fantastico. I installed Mambo with the fantastico scripting, Mambo told me it was not possible to install in the / so I had to create a folder name.
    Everything perfekt so far !

But how do i get it working? because now i need to type as url: domain/mambo/ i want only to type the domain name.

Any help is welcome

2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2004

Please include the following entry in the .htaccess file:

redirect permanent

3. 1link4it

1link4it Guest

Thank you, i have done that, but it is still going to the /

Is there something else i need to do?
    i have the htaccess file also in the /
  4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Had you not thought of taking all files out of the 'mambo' dir. and putting them one level up -- in Document Root? Then you will be able to use and go right to Mambo. Remember to change the paths though, in the config files.
  5. 1link4it

1link4it Guest

Sure, thanks for your suggestion, but thats not what i want. I want to have also a test server. And I want to set up an E-Shop so i use all 3 of my sql DB. I thought this was very simple, but seems no one knows the right answer. the workaround you offer is good if i wanted only one site running with mambo. Thanks anyway.