The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirect to host name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScrltOTara, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ScrltOTara

ScrltOTara Active Member

WHMCS seems to connect to the servers via IP address, not host name. This presents a problem when you connect via HTTPS, because you get a certificate error because the ssl name doesn't match the IP address.

In WHM I have set up redirection this way:

Always redirect users to the ssl/tls ports when visiting /cpanel, /webmail, etc.
    NOT CHECKED

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail WITHOUT SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    Domain Name

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    Hostname

I have also tried setting the last one to SSL Host name, and it still stays with the IP address.

Thanks,

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Do you mean while creating accounts/editing accounts from WHMCS to the server? If yes, see if WHMCS is configured to connect to the server as IP OR Hostname... I guess the option is under WHMCS >> Configuration >> Servers

3. ScrltOTara

ScrltOTara Active Member

No, in WHMCS there is a page for servers, and a button by each server that says "WHM". It logs in via the IP address, which throws a cert error because the cert is for the host name. I want it to redirect t the host name automatically.

4. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hmm.. We haven't had that problem. WHMCS connects using the "hostname" defined in the Setup > Servers tab.

It connects through for us using HTTPS without issue.

So just be sure that the hostname defined is not IP Numbers that it's an actual hostname that resolves, and you should be set.

At the bottom of the page, click the option to login with SSL and be sure that the TYPE listed is "Cpanel" and it should let you in with HTTPS mode to your hostname with the SSL you installed previously.