The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirect to /webmail and /cpanel not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by 3kirt, Jun 22, 2005.

1. 3kirt

3kirt Registered

Hi,

I have cpanel setup to redirect users to the appropriate parts of the site when they go to /cpanel or /webmail, etc, however we've been getting 500 errors about the redirect.cgi script lately.

The apache logs have this: Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/redirect.cgi.. I haven't changed the script, it's owned by the same user as apache, with execute permissions for everyone.. can anyone suggest what's going wrong here? :mad:

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

It wouldn't do any harm to open /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/redirect.cgi in whatever text edit you prefer and check that it is readable and hasn't become corrupt for whatever unknown reason.

You could always opt for a reinstall to be on the safe side:

/scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/upcp --force

In case you're still stuck, you'd do well by stating what version of cPanel/WHM you're using and what OS and version.

3. 3kirt

3kirt Registered

I've checked the redirect.cgi script and it's fine, i'm running cpanel 10.0.0-RELEASE_7 on Fedora Core 2. I'm wondering if this could be some kind of DNS issue.. is it possible that the script isn't redirecting properly because something isn't resolving (right)?

4. mphosting

mphosting Member

Thanks a lot,

/scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/upcp --force

worked fine here...