Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Redirect Wildcards:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeeViper, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SeeViper

SeeViper Registered

I've been having alot of spammers, on the website lately and notice they can bypass the security by using "// and ///" behind the php

EX: http://www.xxxx.com/php///modules.php?

In cpanel, I did a redirect, anyone using the "//" would go back to "/" with a wildcard "*" but, here is the deal...
    It didn't work and now I can't remove the wildcard redirect. (Like it's looping inside everytime I press the remove button
    in cpanel, or its stuck...)

EX:
    //php//*
    /php//*
    /php///*

I choose the remove the redirect from the drop down, and it says it was removed, but going back, it still shows the one I removed. Like it's stuck.

Is there a file with-in cpanel on the site I need to delete/edit to remove the redirect manually?

Thank you,
    SeeViper

*******************************************************************************************
    ********************************************Update*****************************************
    *******************************************************************************************
    To Answer my own question:

The Problem Redirect was located in the .htaccess inside the root folder.
    ====
    To anyone that may have the same problem,
    Within cpanel "File Manager" where the ( html/.htaccess ) is located, and edit it...

=SeeViper=

#1 SeeViper, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007