The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect www, but keep email hosted

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by stevebor1, Apr 3, 2010.

1. stevebor1

stevebor1 Member

I have two accounts created in WHM, domain1.com and domain2.com. Both were serving a web pages and email.

I need to have all www traffic from domain1 to go to domain2, but allow domain1 to still use email and cpanel functionallity.

I think i can just park it on top, but i would have to recreate/migrate all the emails and passwords which i dont have access to.

Is there a way i can just config the dns reroute the www traffic?

2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

You may need to setup rewrite rules in htaccess for domain1.com to redirect all request to domain2.com. Also you can setup redirects from Cpanel.

cPanelDon likes this.
  3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What MaestriaNick has suggested should work without issue; I believe it is easiest to simply setup a redirect via cPanel as that will accomplish the desired task of redirecting HTTP traffic to a specific destination (via mod_rewrite entries in the applicable .htaccess file).

Redirects may be setup via cPanel at the following menu path, (with linked documentation):
    cPanel: Main >> Domains >> Redirects

4. stevebor1

stevebor1 Member

I went ahead and just used the "redirect' from within cpanel. www gets redirected, but mail is still being handled correctly. Thanks.