The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirecting white label

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Fernanda, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fernanda

Fernanda Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey guys!

This is the first time I'm creating my own website, so all this language is new to me.

Here's the thing: I'm trying to make Skyscanner white label to show up on my website.

Skyscanner instructions:

1 Redirect your White Label URL (search.yourwebsite.com) to whitelabel.b2b.skyscanner.net. To do this you need to go to your domain name registrar and find the DNS management tool. From there create a CNAME record for search.yourwebsite.com pointing to whitelabel.b2b.skyscanner.net.
    2 Click Publish in the configuration engine. Your site will then be live

What I did in cPanel:

Domains > Advanced Zone Editor > Add a record

Type: CNAME

Name: search

TTL: 14400

CNAME: whitelabel.b2b.skyscanner.net

Then.. I went back to Skyscanner and clicked Publish. And… nothing happened, and it’s been 72 hours. They said it happens within minutes and the problem was not there.

When I check for my “search.yourwebsite.com” at MxToolbox I get “no records exist”.

I’m pretty sure I'm just missing an obvious step. The only info I seem to need from Skyscanner is this whitelabel.b2b.skyscanner.net, so I don’t know what else I should do to put it live. If you guys could help me with a step by step for newbies I would be really glad!

Thanks in advance!

#1 Fernanda, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You have taken the correct steps, however you will also need to make sure the cPanel server manages the DNS for that domain name. The following thread will guide you through this process:

[Tutorial] Nameserver configuration on cPanel servers

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.