The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirecting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jean1234, May 6, 2009.

1. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered

I tried to redirect my blog from pinkvn.com to pinkvn.com/blog. This didn't work properly so I canceled it. now if i try to open pinkvn.com in my Firefox or I still get redirected and my IE browser just freezes. That's weird because it only happens on my computer. I tried it in an internet cafe and pinkvn.com opens without a redirect. If i use a proxy server on my computer it also works perfectly. if I ping FastDomain every works fine.

I asked my provider to reset my pinkvn account, and they did. still no help. I installed a fresh copy of windows on my computer and it still doesn't work. i still get redirected.

I use windows vista, and i thought that maybe the format before installing a new windows copy was not good enough.

I really would appreciate some help with this.

Jean

2. lehels

lehels Well-Known Member

Hello,

Almost impossible what are you presenting us, but who knows; you could give anyway a try to empty your cache [IE: Tools > Internet Options and Mozilla Firefox: Tools > Clear Private Data] and a LAN Repair.

Lehel,

3. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered

Tnx

Yeah, it's the weirdest thing isn't it. Your advice is welcome and tried, but nothing doing. I cleaned up my router and gave it a reset too.

I'm going to try a wipedisk utility. I'm hoping that this redirection somehow survived my quick format.

I'm still open for suggestions.

4. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered

i just formated my c drive again with windows xp boot disk. After that installed windows vista again.

With IE and fire fox I still have the same redirect problem.

At fast domain they say the problem must be at my end, but how can that be?

5. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered

Bryan [5:26:37 AM]: The only other thing I could think of would be if your ISP cached the data.
    [5:26:50 AM]: If that is the case, you'll have to wait until they refresh their cache.
    Jean [5:28:06 AM]: yeah, that could make sence. i dont know if that is something that they do, but it would explain a lot
    Bryan [5:28:41 AM]: Many ISPs do cache data like that. . . and some don't refresh their cache for up to 7 days.
    [5:29:17 AM]: Though 48-72 hours is more common.

This must be it