Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Redirection problem -- help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crazy Pete, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Crazy Pete

Crazy Pete Well-Known Member

Redirection problem -- help!! How to remove it?

Hello,

On one of my domains I have forums setup at http://www.expectedmiracles.com/forums. What I tried to do is setup a redirect for http://forums.expectedmiracles.com to go there, but it didn't want to work correctly. Just kept sending http requests over and over again.

So, I deleted that subdomain, but now for some reason it's still trying to redirect somewhere and I can't find out where this is happening to delete it. What happens now when I go to http://www.expectedmiracles.com/forums I get this message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What the hell happened and where can I delete whatever's trying to redirect it??

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 Crazy Pete, Jul 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  2. Crazy Pete

Got it!

Figured it out. Apparently when you create a subdomain and redirect it, you can't then just delete the subdomain. You have to remove the redirect FIRST, then delete the subdomain. I was unaware of that.

Still not sure why the redirect didn't work in the first place though, why was it looping?

#2 Crazy Pete, Jul 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  3. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Was it an internal redirection or was it pointing to an external URL? I think even internal redirections need to be in URL format.

4. Crazy Pete

5. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

The forums subdomain would automatically resolve to the forums sub-directory under expectedmiracles.com . There would be no need to apply a 2nd redirection to the same location. That would have caused the looping.

6. Crazy Pete

Oh sweet!! I didn't know that would happen, that's awesome! Thanks a lot for that. :) Are there any other default subdomains that'll work that way or is it just forums?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: