Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Redirection settings issue

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dragono Santika, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Dragono Santika

Dragono Santika Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

I build and setting my website using cpanel and php CI. Example i have a domain called example.com
    I want to redirect my website into
    Code:
    https://www.example.com
    I setting redirect from cpanel redirect menu, after i setting, my setting always gone after i refresh my website page.
    I also trying to redirect my website using .htaccess file, the setting i was wrote in .htaccess always gone after i refresh my website page.

is there any solution how to redirect it into
    Code:
    https://www.example.com
    Thank you so much

#1 Dragono Santika, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @Dragono Santika

The redirect should not be disappearing after you set it. Is there anything noted in the cPanel error logs? Nothing cPanel does should actually be removing this after it's set unless the redirect itself is removed, further to that nothing should be removing the directives added to the .htaccess file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dragono Santika

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @cPanelLauren ,
    Code:
    [Wed Feb 20 20:28:20.197829 2019] [core:crit] [pid 6733] (13)Permission denied: [client 193.188.xx.xx:146] AH00529: /home/homemart/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/homemart/public_html/' is executable
    [Wed Feb 20 12:18:00.590172 2019] [core:crit] [pid 11921] (13)Permission denied: [client 138.246.xxx.x:46364] AH00529: /home/homemart/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/homemart/public_html/' is executable

this is my cpanel error log. for my public_html permission is already executable, and i change permission my .htaccess file, and still got the same error. and when i change my permission on .htaccess file, then i refresh my website, the the htaccess file permission back to setting before i change that.

is there any effect in whm settings?

#3 Dragono Santika, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
  4. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Dragono Santika

There is nothing specific to cPanel that I am aware of which would make these kinds of modifications.
    Please feel free to open a ticket using the link in my signature so that we can look into this further. Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dragono Santika

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you so much for the help. i already open ticket for this error. there is the ticket number 11493197

6. Dragono Santika

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @cPanelLauren ,

I already found the problem. I double check again and this error is solved. This error occurs because there is an PHP code injected to our website. Thank you so much for your help. I hope this doesn't happen again.

7. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Dragono Santika

I'm glad you found the source of the issue and thank you for letting us know!

Thanks!