The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redistribute Accounting.php.inc?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derekivey, Apr 19, 2006.

1. derekivey

derekivey Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering if we are allowed to redistribute the Accounting.php.inc file. I am making a vBulletin hack that allows you to offer hosting to your members when they reach a certain requirement (posts, points, usergroup, etc), and users who are on servers with open_basedir restriction in effect will not be able to access the one on the server, so to solve this I would like to include a copy of the Accounting.php.inc file with my hack for them in case they have this problem. Can someone from cPanel please clarify if this is allowed?

Thanks,
    Derek

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. derekivey

derekivey Well-Known Member

Thanks Chirpy I'll give that a try.

4. gemininetcom

gemininetcom Active Member

Jonathan,

Have also an issue with open_basedir restriction. Using ClientExec and some services can be automated, e.g; issue of recurring invoices and sending them out.

CE shows error when activating service with following error msg QUOTE Cron Job: Error: couldn't find location of PHP binary UNQUOTE

Apparently the explanation is QUOTE caused when there is an open_basedir restriction on your domain. Removing this restriction will allow Clientexec to search for the php binary and display the proper cron job to create UNQUOTE

Q1: is it safe to remove open_basedir restriction from a point of view of security
    Q2: where do I deactivate the restriction