The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redundant cPanel Infrastructure - Solution

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by canfone, Apr 27, 2010.

1. canfone

canfone Active Member

I know there has been a lot of discussion surrounding the issue of redundancy/fail-over on the forums. We have come up with a solution that we are currently in the process of implementing. I have started a new thread here because I would like to receive some feedback from the community on our proposed solution. As we work through the process we ill make all of our custom scripts and documentation available to the community.

The solution that we are proposing addresses the needs of our clients who are hosting e-commerce websites that require high-availability for their websites and e-mail.

It is important to note that backups do not equal reliability. Having recent backups of your server is a good first step, but in case of a hardware failure / hard-drive failure, your server will crash and the time it takes you to get back online is a key measure of how prepared you are for the inevitable.

I have attached the PDF Presentation of our solution to this Post and a Direct URL to the document is available here: http://canfone.com/pdf/Redundant_cPanel_Infrastructure_Design.pdf

Please review and let us know what your thoughts are.

- Ben

Attached Files:

2. CodyRo

CodyRo Registered

I like the idea however the incremental backups wouldn't do it for me. I'd like almost real-time data syncing. How is this setup working for you in production?

If possible shoot me a PM and we can maybe discuss some ideas as I'll be working on implementing something similar in our environment :)