The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refresh Button in NeoMail Makes email Disappear

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Lamar, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Lamar

Lamar Well-Known Member

I have a client that clicked the refresh button in NeoMail. It made 2 pages of business-related email disappear. I tried it also, and it deleted the test email I sent. I checked the server and it is not there.

I think she is screwed....and I lost a customer.

Any ideas of how to retrieve that mail? Since it was not on the server, I think it is a lost cause.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Lamar

Lamar Well-Known Member

I found the issue. One of my client's employees was checking my client's email using Outlook Express. (Without her knowledge.)

- She would check her mail in webmail (NeoMail).
    - It shows 8 email messages.
    - It will not show new messages until she clicks the refresh button.
    - In the mean-time, before she clicked the refresh button, someone on another computer was checking her email using Outlook Express (or similar client). It pulls all email off the server and into Outlook Express on that computer.
    - She would click the refresh button in webmail and all email appears to be gone, now. This is because it had been pulled off by another computer.

I confirmed it by checking /var/log/maillog

It shows where she was checking in webmail and where someone else was popping.

Somebody's in trouble!

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

It's good you found out what happened, but I would say the employee should not be in trouble since the employer obviously gave the employee access to the email.

Just my opinion.