The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstall dictionary attack?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hostseeker, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hostseeker

hostseeker Well-Known Member

Strange, when my server upgraded from stable Cpanel 10 to stable Cpanel 11 last night on my 3 servers, I got a notice from that one server that the Exim conf. settings had to be reset to default, while the other two it did not. All 3 are similiar machines, with the same Exim. Config. files, running Centos.

All seems to working well, but my question is, and I guess Chirpy could answer it best:

Is the dictionary attack ACL still needed after Cpanel 11 upgrade?

Also I noticed that there is now RBL options to check on the Exim Config page, so should I remove my old RBL ACL's from the other servers where I did not have to reset to default?

Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The exim dictionary attack ACL works fine in the v11 exim configuration and still performs the same service. I've found that when going from v10 to v11 it's best to note your exim ACL (and other changes) settings, reset the exim configuration to defaults in WHM and then re-apply your changes. This is especially important if you use the inbuilt cPanel SpamAssassin configuration.