The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstall phpmyadmin?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Babylon, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Babylon

Babylon Member

Is there a way to reinstall phpmyadmin specifically, or perhaps upgrade it manually? For quite some time now I've noticed that is runs very slowly compared to everything else on the server, and the style sheets for it look somewhat messed up (screenshot of one of the themes and what I mean by "messed up", the default theme has some issues too :) ). I installed phpmyadmin outside of WHM on a virtual host and it runs absolutely fine, and my server load is relatively low. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

#1 Babylon, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  2. bradyb

bradyb Well-Known Member

3. Babylon

Babylon Member

Much better, thanks! One problem solved. all the style sheets and such now work as they should. I still find it pretty slow for larger databases though. I can only assume this is due to the configuration CPanel uses for the server (and software) running on port 2086 and 2082. Running phpMyAdmin outside of that (on a normal user account) is very responsive and quick, regardless of database size. (I know it's not down to the server itself being sluggish, 2GB of ram, mysql runs very fast in usual circumstances, php content is served almost instantly, load is always below 0.5)